Thursday, November 1, 2007

No Letters To Home

Rick, my friend for over twenty years, has not so much as sent me a phone call. His entire family consists of my friendship, an ex-wife, and a son. Recently, he deployed overseas, but since he is a former SEAL, and discharged from the United States Navy a few years back, I believe the deployment is not with the military, but with a private contractor not unlike Black Water.

Anyhow, I suppose what I wrote this for was to say that my prayers are with him, and my hopes for a safe return remains.

Please pray with me that Rick returns safely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's take the no news as good news, Douglas, until we hear otherwise. Rick doesn't appear to be a man who would take any unnecessary risks, or he wouldn't have survived his Navy service or life afterwards.

God will walk with him while he's in Iraq, and he will continue to be in all our prayers. In other words......he's not forgotten.

Anonymous said...

Great work.