Sunday, August 17, 2008

Been Almost A Year Since I Left For Iraq

Internet access is here and there at best. I check my e-mail a few times a week, but never really thought about leaving a blog post until today. But I got the chance, so I thought I'd take advantage, what the hell, might as well.

September 24th, 2007 I said goodbye. I shipped out on September 25th. I asked my longtime friend, Doug (Mr. Political Pistachio himself), to take care of my site while I was gone. Thanks for the shitty job, Doug. You have failed me greatly. But I love ya anyhow.

As a former SEAL, I think I look at this war zone differently than the new recruit troops, and the average civilian contractor. But one thing I can say is, I have been to this region a number of times in my life, and I have never seen such optimism in the people of Iraq as I do now. Losing a dictator has a positive effect on the people, it seems. New facilities and better standards of living, thanks to the American military, is appreciated, I think.

I am slated to return before Christmas, but the exact date is not known. It is possible I will have to stay here longer. Having no family, aside from my grown up son, the possibilities are limitless.

Now a few messages to people since it is easier to do it this way than send out a bunch of e-mails:

Kirby, my son, miss you greatly. Hope school has been good for you, college can be tough. Don't give your mom grief, no matter what she says about me. I will send you an e-mail in a bit.

Doug, I miss the good cooking when I visit you, and the wild show of watching you and Virginia interact. You guys are a hoot. I pray for your safety, brother. Oh, and your show, when we can listen, is pretty popular here. Keep up the good work. Oh, and no, you are not going to get me on your show as a guest. Don't ask. Unless you are willing to go skydiving with us. And don't give me that "medical reasons" shit. For a cripple, you move pretty good. Think about it. Nothing like the freedom of falling to Earth.

Chad, Miss the good surfing. I don't care what time of year it is when I get back, we are hitting the waves. I miss the California girls, too. All I have here is military chicks I can't touch, and locals that, if they show even their ankle, are called whores. And I don't give a shit what you keep saying, I am going to get you on the back of a bull before you die. If Doug and I can handle riding bulls, you can. It's like surfing, but in a hurricane, sitting on your ass, on a pissed-off board that is trying to kick your ass off, and then kill you. Good fun.

Scott, absolutely, we are sky diving the first chance we get when I get home. You and I and Bunker will drag Doug's ass to the plane if we have to. He's pussed out on jumping too many times. Fuck him, he's diving with us.

Bunker, I don't care how liberal you are, or how close you live to Doug, your "Ballbuster Says" crap in ALL CAPS is fucking annoying. No wonder everybody deletes your shit. The CAPS thing is rude, and the third person shit is starting to become creepy. Keep that shit up and I will have Scott find your ass in Murrieta and kick your ass all the way back to San Diego. Scott knows where you live.

Anti-War Liberal shit-heads, Fuck You and your bullshit opinion. I have seen the enemy, and he wants all of us fucking dead. And when someone wants you dead the only way to protect yourself is to kill the fucker before he kills you. That's how we roll. Don't like it? Fine, stick your heads in the sand and hand over your guns to the government, or whatever it is you want to do. In the end, despite the fact that you are stupid fucks, the United States Military will still protect your ass, and kill the enemy. Just remember that. Your liberty to be an asshole has been given to you on a silver platter, bought by the blood of my brothers.

Loon, thanks for the e-mails. I appreciate any that I get. You are a sweetheart for sending them. I hope you are safe, and it is so cool that there are some folks in Canada that aren't members of the insane left.

Merrill, quit sending me the bitchy e-mails. You are starting to sound like a member of Code Pink. Don't make me find you and kick your ass.

Steve, yeah, you are right, Tom likes to rip on me, but not as much as he likes to rip on Doug. That's because Doug is an easier target. I, however, am an asshole with an attitude, so that tends to keep people from trying to flex their muscles at me.

Tom, thanks for the send-off and words of encouragement, I appreciated it. It did surprise me, though, considering that normally you are a grade-A asshole with only grade 5 nuts.

Freedom Fighter, Your encouragement was very welcome. Thanks, despite your past comments that essentially questioned my history with the SEALS. That's okay, I question a lot of people's membership in the human race, myself.

Debra J.M. Smith, After communicating with you a few times by BlogTalkRadio messaging, your comments have proven to me that you are paranoid, batshit crazy, and give a bad name to Christians with your Christian Activism bullshit. And I find it interesting that ever since your problems with Josh and Doug, claiming they are not really Christians, or whatever it was, you are the one still talking about it, and they aren't. What does that say about you? Hmmmm?

Jason Bootie, Doug thinks highly of you. I never did thank you for your send-off last year. It was greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Phil, keep up the ass-kicking, my friend. Your "take no shit from anybody" attitude kicks ass. Fuck what Doug's been telling you about being diplomatic (he told me about that shit - I'm gonna kick his ass when I get home if he starts acting politically correct). Kick ass, take names, sort out the liberal shit-heads later.

Anybody I forgot, sorry. I love you just the same.

Anybody I didn't forget, Fuck you. I didn't mention your ass on purpose. Don't like it? Blow me.

See ya'll later this year. I may take the time to add to my blog again before I return. I sure am not going to depend on Doug to hold down the fort anymore. He's acting like he's too damn busy to piss on me if I was on fire.

And I am so fucking sick of all of this fucking weird dirt. Can't wait to get home, throw off my shoes, and run through some good ol' American grown grass and dip my body in the Pacific Ocean. And I miss bikini watching too. Save a plate of chips and salsa and a shot of tequila for me, I will drinking with you all soon. Damn, I miss the good booze.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I loved this post! Thank you for doing the dirty work for all of us. You are appreciated.

prying1 said...

Hi Rick, Dropped on over after Doug read your letter to his radio audience. Hope you get to hear his show and laugh along with the rest of us. - GBYAY - This posting is a hoot.

Trust me on this! Doug would piss on you whether you were on fire or not...

-(8-P

Keep up the good work and thanks for the job you are doing. Tell your buddies that more here in the states appreciate your service than those that don't.

Sheridan Folger said...

Keep it up brother. Anytime you find a moment to do these lil posts..please do!

We're all prayin for you and your brothers out there.

God Bless you and your family my friend.

Slainte'

Mad
aka

Sheridan Folger
Executive Director Let's Get This Right
http://letsgetthisright.com

Flag Gazer said...

Doug sent me over - sorry I didn't meet you sooner! You are in the place with many of my friends - you are each awesome! Thank you for all you do to keep us safe and free!

Douglas V. Gibbs said...

hey, bud. I am glad you wrote this, made for a great show. . . and of course I appreciate your "to the point," no B.S. style. Looking forward to your return, until then stay safe, and sorry, you are not going to get me to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Won't happen. Ha ha. Ciao, Rick.

Anonymous said...

I am grateful for people like you who risk their lives for people like me. I've been through some pretty rough times and it helps me get down to earth again when I think of all you go through.. which is more than I will ever experience. You ROCK!!! Like Metallica but better!! Again, I am very grateful!!

Tom said...

Holy fuck.. you're still alive? Nice..

Still.. what did you think I was going to say when you left? Hope you die mother fucker? LOL Remember.. I'm the "anti-war Liberal shit head" that frowns on people dying in wars.

You working for Blackwater, or what?

I'm glad the Iraqis are "optimistic" now.. but I suppose the hundreds of thousands that are dead as a result of this bullshit war aren't quite feeling that vibe.

But hey.. Rick.. don't give me this "bought by the blood of my brothers" bullshit.. as if the military is some grand conservative cause. It's not an ideology.. and senseless wars are not nobel. Wars are fought by all kinds of people.. for everybody.. and it's not some grand conservative cause.

Looking forward to your getting back.. Your posts aren't quite as stunning in the monumentally stupid way Doug's are, but you don't delete off comments seemingly at random like he does..

Grade 5 nuts? What.. am I supposed to cage match somebody over a political issue?

Anonymous said...

Awesome post! Found ya through Political Pistachio. Keep up the great work over there - whatever the hell it is you're doing over there! I'll link this back from my blog - I have some lib readers who need to see this!

VH said...

Found this blog through The Bobo Files...great read. Keep up the good work, our thoughts and prayers are with you all over there.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through BoBo Files and I am so glad that I did. Thank you so much for all that your are doing over there. We get so little positive news. Certain political candidates are no better.
Stay safe over there, and we are praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I came through from "BoBo Files" and I just wanted to tell you from an AMERICAN - :) Thank you SO SO SO much for serving our country.

Thank you thank you thank you.

My son is leaving to Marine bootcamp 6/15/09 and is proud to serve anyway he can. My younger son will be following a year after according to him and not sure which he'll choose. I'm so proud of them both.

'Nuff said.

Thank you again.

Monica
(California)
www DOT zyriana DOT com

James said...

BoBo recommended your work (?) and damn if he wasn't correct.

Thanks for your service from a fellow left coast Cali native.

May you get home safe and soon.

Isaac said...

Hi there Rick, I found you through Doug, cool blog you have here, don't mind, I quoted you on my own.

Stay safe!!

Just John said...

Holy shit. You stated it better than most.

Stay safe and shoot straight brother. For a squid, you're OK.

cary said...

just john pointed me here, and I am grateful - to him for pointing, and to you for serving.

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Hi
I'm Mehrdad from Tehran/Iran.
nice post by you specially ur opinions about liberals and anti war morons.
Thx for fighting freedom and God bless u and all ur friends in US military.
The world owe u alot and we all appreciate what you have done yet and continue to do.
Take care and my God continue to bless USA

Wandafay said...

Love it ALL!